About The Project
Dr. Surovi’s mobile rehabilitation services have been in such demand that she has decided to have her dream facility designed by the Veterinary Specialist at TC Architects. The 5,650 sf facility will be among the first of its kind in the Cleveland Area – a rehabilitation facility specifically designed to promote greater mobility for post-surgical, disabled and older animals.
The ground up facility will offer the following treatments:
- Hydrotherapy offering resistance therapy using an in-ground pool and / or underwater treadmills
- Therapeutic exercise, both active and passive, for improving range of motion, strength, and balance
- Manual therapy (massage, stretching, range of motion, joint and/or soft tissue mobilization)
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Therapeutic cold laser
- Electrical stimulation to help with pain relief
- Thermotherapy (heat and cold)
- Chiropractic care
- Magnetic field therapy
- Hyperbaric Chamber
- Dry needling
- Orthotic, prosthetic and other assistive devices such as measuring and fitting of carts or wheelchairs, splinting/bracing, and guidance and instruction on other assistive devices to help pets regain strength and mobility
- Pain management
The porte-cochere entry will allow owners and pets to comfortably enter the building during inclement weather. Upon entering the facility, both Owners and patients will feel right at home with warm, natural colors which creates calming, natural spaces.
The rehabilitation center is also designed to let in copious amounts of natural light with windows from exterior to interior spaces allowing sunlight to reach far into the building. The facility features a vaulted wood ceiling, stone fireplace, retail displays, comfortable seating, and views into the therapeutic areas.